If you’re active on social media you may have noticed that Celanese has amplified its presence on LinkedIn with a refreshed company page and a more robust special interest group, Celanese | Current and past employees.
The refreshed company page is the go-to for information on open career opportunities at Celanese sites around the world. Additional information includes background on the company’s strategy, areas of focus and significant corporate announcements. Benefits to clicking on the “follow” button include:
- Quickly seeing first degree and second degree connections within Celanese and messenger those individuals directly and
- Regularly receiving updates posted to the company page via your Linked In home page. Job listings actively “shared” with connections will also appear on individual home pages.
The company page also has links to overview videos and strategy information so that those unfamiliar with the company can quickly understand our two core capabilities and the businesses that comprise each.
The Celanese group, Celanese | Current and past employees, is a members only group that requires approval for admittance. The group is specifically for those who are currently or previously employed by Celanese. It provides a community of like-minded individuals who share the common experience of working at Celanese. Current jobs are also featured on this site for alumni interested in returning.
If you’ve not yet ventured onto Linked In, consider a two-step process that begins with establishing a profile:
- Fill in current and previous positions, academic background and contact information. This will help people connect with you.
- Add a professional photo. Keep it at the head-and-shoulder level and free of distractions.
- Create a compelling background summary that clearly articulates your capabilities and interests.
The next step is active participation:
- Link to peers, suppliers, current and previous customers and industry influencers. Avoid using the default “I’d like to add you…” and personalize the note in a way that strengthens those relationships,
- Join different groups to get a flavor of key issues, and
- Post regular status updates. These keep your connections abreast of your activities and successes as well as provide a way to share your insights with a broader audience.
LinkedIn can be used at a variety of levels, from a platform to build a business to a directory of global contacts. Enjoy the ability to monitor and interact with companies, organizations and professionals with just a few keystrokes. And when you have the chance, share your thoughts via the Celanese company page and group. We welcome your participation.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.